Position: Bulk Clerk
Purpose: To provide excellent customer service and ensure a clean and well stocked sales floor in order to drive sales in a dynamic department.
Status: Reports to Bulk Supervisor and Department Manager.
- Customer Service
- Provide prompt, friendly, courteous service to customers. Offering samples, ideas and suggestions of how to use products.
- Assist customers with product questions and special orders, as well as have an overall familiarity with the store.
- Assist customers at the bulk weigh station and scales as needed.
- Maintain the department throughout the day ensuring the product is fully stocked, faced, and rotated.
- Communicate customer requests, suggestions for new items, and any vendor issues to the department manager.
- Maintain sales floor in a safe and orderly manner at all times.
- Department Maintenance
- Assist with quarterly inventory count and report.
- Assess and prioritize which items need to be replenished and properly maintain case stack displays.
- Clean and maintain the sales floor assuring all areas are clean and orderly, including countertops and the area around each bin, scoops and bins. Adhere to all requirements for safe food handling at all times.
- Alert the manager of any spoilage or other unsellable items.
- Clean and maintain all department equipment. Notify manager of any equipment in need of repair.
- Product Packaging
- Maintain the packing room and storage areas in a clean and organized condition at all times.
- Package and label product as needed.
- Adhere to all city and county requirements for safe food handling.
- Ability to project a friendly, outgoing personality and work as a positive team member.
- Ability to handle multiple demands in a fast paced environment.
- Detail oriented with the ability to identify products quickly and accurately.
- Familiarity with a wide variety of food products is helpful.
- Must be able to lift 50lbs.
- Able to stand for two or more hours at a time.
- Able to understand written and spoken English.
- Basic math skills are required.
- Manual dexterity with hazardous equipment. Must be 18 years of age to operate equipment.
- Able to work various shifts including early morning, evenings, and weekends.