Purpose: To ensure that floral product is processed, priced and merchandised for sale. Assists the floral department manager/buyer in all necessary operations to ensure department is prepared for daily sales activities.
Status: Reports to Floral Department Manager/Buyer
- Assist customers in selecting and purchasing merchandise. Creating bouquets as needed.
- Maintain floral department including sales floor, sink area, shelves, and storage in an attractive, clean, safe, and orderly manner.
- Ensure product is properly labeled and accurately priced.
- Ensure buckets are full and all products are represented, and consolidate as needed.
- Assist with staging and maintaining seasonal displays.
- Answer customer questions regarding department and have overall knowledge of the store and policies.
- Receiving and Processing
- Receive, unload, unpack, and divide products to each store.
- Process flowers. This includes cleaning and stripping of foliage, division of product, sleeving, and price/UPC labeling as determined by manager/buyer.
- Prioritize processing so that all products are represented on sales floor in a timely manner.
- Ensure excess product is stored in appropriate location, in appropriate containers and with correct water level.
- Department Maintenance
- Maintain the floral processing area in clean, organized, and safe condition at all times. This includes public walkways, coolers, floral room and work stations.
- Clean and rinse all buckets before each market day.
- Clean and maintain all equipment including carts, shears, loppers, sinks and drains. Notify supervisor of any equipment in need of repair.
- Maintain signage box. Remove card from empty buckets and file, and always check the signage box prior to writing a new card.
- Maintain floral department sales floor in a clean, organized and safe condition by removing empty buckets, sweep/mop floor, water plants, keep displays looking fresh and keep sink area neat.
- Perform any additional duties as assigned by management.
- Experience and interest in serving the public.
- Ability to project friendly, outgoing personality
- Able to work as positive team member.
- Demonstrated ability to handle multiple demands.
- Well-organized and detail oriented.
- Knowledge of flowers and arrangement is helpful.
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds
- Able to understand written and spoken English.
- Able to stand for extended periods of time.
- Basic math skills required.
- Willingness to work various shifts including early morning, evenings, and weekends.