Purpose: To provide prompt, friendly, knowledgeable customer service, assisting cashiers by bagging groceries and preventing back-up at registers as well as being able to assist throughout the store.
Status: Reports to Front End Manager and Front End Supervisors.
Front End Duties
- Bag customer purchases in appropriate bag, efficiently and carefully so that no product is damaged.
- Assist customers throughout the store helping locate items, reaching product, checking back stock, and with carrying purchases to car, while giving priority to customers with children and seniors.
- Assist Disabled customers with their shopping needs while in store.
- Keep aisles and all entrances/exits clean and free of congestion.
- Collect and return carts and baskets to designated areas. Follow daily cart rotation schedule.
- Clean up spills, sweep and take out trash promptly as needed.
- Check on missing or inaccurate prices for cashiers.
- Follow Courtesy Clerk Guidelines provided prior to training.
- Assist customers with special orders.
- Know store policies, procedures, and products in order to provide excellent customer service.
- When check-out lines are not busy, take initiative to stock supplies, clean, do “go-backs” and face shelves, returning quickly to register as needed.
- Replenish grocery bags, clean checkstands and all areas of workstations.
- Restock perishables and all “go-backs” in a timely manner.
- Sweep around checkstands and in front of store on an hourly basis. As well as throughout the store as needed.
- Stock areas as directed by supervisor.
- Alert Management to potential shoplifters, disorderly customers or other emergencies.
- Adhere to all policies and procedures when using company equipment and overall safety. Report any equipment repair needs to supervisor.
- Ability to project friendly, outgoing personality and to work as a positive team member.
- Interest in serving the public and providing excellent customer service.
- Reliable and punctual and have a strong work ethic.
- Demonstrated ability to handle multiple demands in a dynamic work setting.
- Able to stand for extended periods of time.
- Must be 18 years of age in order to operate equipment.
- Have the ability to easily lift up to 40 lbs using proper lifting techniques and be able to work with repetitive physical arm motions for most of the shift.
- Flexible scheduling including evenings and weekends.
- Able to understand written and spoken English.
- Able to work in a variety of weather conditions and temperatures.