Purpose: To prepare food for the kitchen, deli, or café as well as catering and other special events.
Status: Reports to Cook Supervisor and Food Service Manager.
- Prepares dishes following recipe specifications as assigned by Food service Manager
- Maintain accurate up-to-date records of ingredients transferred to and from stores.
- Maintain proper storage and labeling procedures.
- Follow food safety and sanitation regulations maintaining correct temperatures cooking, cooling and storing according to CRRFFL.
- Prepare catering orders as assigned.
- Prepare baked goods as assigned.
- Take on additional tasks as assigned by Food Service Manager
- Pull short-date items and properly record and following cull guidelines. Maintaining logs.
- Maintain prep and storage areas in sanitary and orderly condition, following established procedures.
- Follow safety, storage, rotation, and labeling procedures.
- Monitor inventory and reorder basic ingredients and supplies.
- Use department equipment safely. Advise Food Service Manager of equipment repair needs.
- Fill out inter-department and inter-store transfer paperwork completely and accurately.
- Carry out established opening and closing procedures.
- Carry out established cleaning check lists.
- Assist in inventory counts.
- Experience working in food Service, deli or restaurant.
- Experience serving the public.
- Ability to work as a positive member of a team.
- Ability to lead a team and work as positive member of the team.
- Ability to handle multiple demands and follow through on commitments.
- Familiarity with natural foods, nutrition and food sensitivities helpful.
- Basic math skills required.
- Must be 18 years of age in order to operate equipment.
- Ability to lift 50 Ibs.
- Manual dexterity with hazardous equipment.
- Able to understand written and spoken English.
- Willingness to work with sanitizers and cleaners.
- Able to stand for extended periods of time.
- Willingness to work with meat products.
- Willingness to work in various temperatures.