Beer & Wine Clerk
Posted: Jul 11, 2019
2020 Oregon Street & 920 Heinz Avenue
Increasing sales and encouraging customer loyalty by providing excellent customer service and product knowledge.
Reports to Wine & Beer Department Manager and Supervisor.
- Greet and acknowledge customers.
- Assist customer with beer and wine selection. Answering product questions and special orders, as well as have an overall familiarity of the store.
- Make recommendations for pairings.
- Communicate special orders to manager in a timely manner.
- Familiarize yourself with as many wines and beers as you can. Ask department manager questions and take time to read the wine books to further educate yourself.
- Stock wine and beer on shelves, cold cases, islands, and stacks at the register.
- Make sure that wine needing in-store barcodes are stickered and verify for accuracy.
- Notify POS of any product barcodes that do not scan with correct information.
- Keep the sales floor well stocked and that all items are represented.
- Put excess product that cannot be placed on the sales floor away in the proper place in the storage areas or warehouse.
- Check deliveries to verify piece count, and note any damaged product. Notify manager of any discrepancies or problems.
Maintain Attractive Sales Floor
- Keep the sales floor as clear as possible of work related equipment. Including all personal items, equipment, and debris.
- Regularly dust and clean bottles, shelves, cooler, displays and case-stack display boxes.
- Face products, pulling items at the back of the shelf, or display, forward.
- Ensure signage and price tags are correct and in place.
- File all signs and barcodes as soon as possible and before the end of the day.
- Ability to project friendly, outgoing personality and work as a positive team member.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Demonstrated ability to handle multiple demands.
- Must have a strong work ethic and be able to work well both independently and with a team in a dynamic setting.
- Knowledge of current trends in the beer and wine industry.
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs with or without accommodation.
- Able to stand for extended periods of time.
- Manual dexterity with hazardous equipment.
- Ability to understand written and spoken English.
- Basic math skills required.