Posted: Jul 11, 2019
2020 Oregon Street & 920 Heinz Avenue
To increase sales and encourage customer loyalty by providing prompt, friendly, knowledgeable customer service as well as a clean and well stocked sales floor in a dynamic, high volume cheese department.
Reports to Cheese Department Supervisor and Manager.
- Assist customers with questions, in a prompt, friendly, courteous manner; having an overall familiarity with the store, referring them to other staff when necessary.
- Be familiar with the variety of cheeses and be able to assist customers with cheese selection by offering samples and suggestions for purchase and ways to serve.
- Communicate customer comments, requests, and complaints to department manager.
- Ensure all displays are fully stocked, faced, and rotated to ensure freshness, and to give the feeling of abundance.
- Prepare product for sale including cutting, wrapping, slicing, and labeling product.
- Prepare and replenish the sample trays, and maintain the surrounding area.
- Check in and put product away as soon as it is received.
- Responsible for the maintaining the cleanliness, safety and overall appearance of the department.
- Maintain selling area, displays, packing and storage areas in a safe, clean, orderly manner; this includes garbage removal, cleaning cases, shelves, trays, utensils, etc.
- Adhere to all city and county food safety and sanitation regulations.
- Follow established guidelines for the safe use and maintenance of all department equipment. Notify supervisor or manager of any equipment in need of repair.
- Ability to project a friendly, outgoing personality and work as a positive team member.
- Outstanding customer service skills and an interest in serving the public.
- General knowledge of, and interest in, learning about cheese.
- Demonstrated ability to handle multiple demands in a dynamic setting.
- Willing to learn and gain knowledge about products.
- Able to stand for extended periods of time.
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs without accommodation and 80lbs with accommodation.
- Ability to work various shifts including early morning, evenings, and weekends.
- Basic math skills required.
- Willingness to work with Dairy and Meat products.
- Able to understand written and spoken English.
- Manual dexterity with hazardous equipment and must be 18 years of age to operate equipment.
- Willingness to work in varying temperature conditions including wet and cold environments.