Posted: Jul 11, 2019
920 Heinz Avenue
To prepare food for the kitchen, deli, or café as well as catering and other special events.
Reports to Cook Supervisor and Food Service Manager.
- Prepares dishes following recipe specifications as assigned by Food service Manager
- Maintain accurate up-to-date records of ingredients transferred to and from stores.
- Maintain proper storage and labeling procedures.
- Follow food safety and sanitation regulations maintaining correct temperatures cooking, cooling and storing according to CRRFFL.
- Prepare catering orders as assigned.
- Prepare baked goods as assigned.
- Take on additional tasks as assigned by Food Service Manager
- Pull short-date items and properly record and following cull guidelines. Maintaining logs.
- Maintain prep and storage areas in sanitary and orderly condition, following established procedures.
- Follow safety, storage, rotation, and labeling procedures.
- Monitor inventory and reorder basic ingredients and supplies.
- Use department equipment safely. Advise Food Service Manager of equipment repair needs.
- Fill out inter-department and inter-store transfer paperwork completely and accurately.
- Carry out established opening and closing procedures.
- Carry out established cleaning check lists.
- Assist in inventory counts.
- Experience working in food Service, deli or restaurant.
- Experience serving the public.
- Ability to work as a positive member of a team.
- Ability to lead a team and work as positive member of the team.
- Ability to handle multiple demands and follow through on commitments.
- Familiarity with natural foods, nutrition and food sensitivities helpful.
- Basic math skills required.
- Must be 18 years of age in order to operate equipment.
- Ability to lift 50 Ibs.
- Manual dexterity with hazardous equipment.
- Able to understand written and spoken English.
- Willingness to work with sanitizers and cleaners.
- Able to stand for extended periods of time.
- Willingness to work with meat products.
- Willingness to work in various temperatures.