Posted: Jul 11, 2019
2020 Oregon Street & 920 Heinz Avenue
To provide prompt, friendly, knowledgeable and a high level of customer service, assisting cashiers by bagging groceries and preventing back-up at registers as well as being able to assist throughout the store as necessary.
Reports to Front End Management.
Front End Duties
- Greet customers, helps customers load or bag orders, answers question, relates information on special promotions, thanks customers and provides prompt and courteous customer service.
- Packs customer orders into bags or boxes and loads bags into shopping basket. Checks packaging for tampering. Follows all safety and security procedures. Assist customers loading orders into car when appropriate.
- Runs for items such as, merchandise, bags, register supplies and item price checks as requested by cashiers to keep the lines moving smoothly.
- Follows proper departmental procedures for performance of duties.
- Maintains cleanliness of register area and general front-end area. Cleans spills and trip hazards immediately.
- Retrieves shopping carts from parking area using rope with clasping hook when pushing no more than 8 shopping carts together. Keeps lot area free of debris and sweeps in front of the store.
- Performs related tasks such as set up and closing duties for the department such as returning products, collecting paperwork, stocking registers and cleaning area.
- Cross trains in other departments of the store to be able to assist when necessary.
- Assist in other departments of the store as necessary
Non-Essential Functions and Tasks:
- Assist in other areas of the store/department as needed.
- Education/ Training: High school diploma or GED preferred.
- Licenses/Certifications: None.
- Experience: Previous customer service experience preferred
- Knowledge/Skills: Basic computer and math skills.
- Other: Must be able to lift up to 50lbs.
- Able to stand for extended periods of time.
- Must be 18 years of age in order to operate equipment.
- Have the ability to easily lift up to 40 lbs using proper lifting techniques and be able to work with repetitive physical arm motions for most of the shift.
- Flexible scheduling including evenings and weekends.
- Able to understand written and spoken English.
- Able to work in a variety of weather conditions and temperatures.