Posted: Jul 11, 2019
920 Heinz Avenue
Purpose: To supervise the day stocking team to achieve department goals by stocking, receiving and handling merchandise on the sales floor. Being the key communication between Night Crew and Grocery Clerks To provide prompt, friendly, helpful well-informed service to our customers.
Reports to Grocery Buyer
- Lead / Direct the day stocking team to help achieve goals set by the Grocery Buyers and reduce Out of Stocks
- Communicates with supervisors, night crew and Grocery Buyer to determine merchandising plan and priorities. Writes list of products to be brought from warehouses for stocking.
- Work with receiving on deliveries, transfers and credits
- Responsible writing day clerk schedules and reviews
- Managing Day clerks time and attendance in Ulti Pro
- Understanding / Knowledge of our employee handbook
- Develop team work within your department
- Reorders merchandise as needed based on item movement and verifies invoices to product.
- Follows all safety and security procedures, such as lifting properly. Correct baler operation.
- Follows merchandising standards and practices: aligns product, collects and returns stray items, stocks to maintain high product levels.
- Stocks opened cases on shelves. Moves and positions pallets of merchandise using manual pallet jack. Stacks products from partial pallets onto six wheelers or full pallets,
- Observes and ensures correct product signage.
- Sets up display, assembling as necessary. Modifies displays for safe handling by customers.
- Pulls loose cardboard from floor. Clears sales floor of debris and sweeps. Removes empty pallets and equipment from the sales floors. Operates cardboard baler.
- Provides prompt and courteous customer service. Helps customers load large items into cart, directs customers to products, relates product status knowledge and helps them with special orders.
- Education/Training: High School Diploma or GED preferred
- License/Certifications: None
- Experience: previous merchandising experience preferred
- Knowledge/Skills: computer and basic math skills required
- Other: Ability to lift up to 50lbs