Posted: Jul 11, 2019
920 Heinz Avenue
To cut and prepare all types of meat product for sale and to provide prompt, friendly, knowledgeable customer service in a fast paced meat department.
Reports to Meat Department Supervisor and Manager.
- Assist customers in a prompt, friendly, and courteous manner. Offering suggestions and ideas of how to prepare and use the products.
- Be able to answer questions regarding product as well as having an overall familiarity with the store
- Performs trimming and cutting of various meat species (beef, pork, chicken, etc.) for displays and for customer special requests.
- Ability to operate and maintain scales, and follow procedures to ensure proper pricing.
- Maintain attractive, fully stocked displays and cases.
- Package bulk meat products for retail sale.
- Construct trays of meat and poultry products, rotating product to maximize product freshness.
- Must have the ability to work quickly, efficiently, and safely, adhering to all requirements for safe food handling.
- Accurately label and sign items by price, description, and country of origin (COOL).
- Able to accurately weigh and wrap product adhering to Health Codes, and Dept. of Weights and Measures’ rules.
- Maintains the meat department in all areas including removal of garbage, washing floors, cases, and dishes, and other items as directed.
- Follow city and county food safety and sanitation regulations.
- Carry out opening and closing procedures.
- Follow established guidelines for use, safety, and maintenance for all department equipment including knives, saws, grinder, …
- Maintains all coolers, freezers, and storage areas in a neat, clean, sanitary, and safe condition.
- Ability to project a friendly, outgoing personality and work as a positive team member.
- Possesses the ability to cut and trim various meat species.
- Familiarity with cooking techniques is desirable.
- Able to handle multiple demands in a fast paced setting.
- Experience with using power equipment (saw, grinder, tenderizer, etc.) and possessing knife skills.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Able to stand for extended periods of time.
- Basic math skills required.
- Willingness to work with meat and seafood.
- Able to understand written and spoken English.
- Willingness to work in a cold and wet environment.
- Manual dexterity with hazardous equipment.
- Willingness to work with sanitizers and cleaners.
- Ability to lift 50lbs.
- Must be 18 years of age to operate equipment.
- Willingness to work various shifts including early mornings, evenings, and weekends.