Point of Sale Systems Data Entry
The POS Clerk performs administrative duties and data entry supporting the high volume of the POS Department. Work with multiple retail technologies including, but not limited to cash registers and the back-office systems. Maintain data points in supporting systems, including purchasing and accounting.
· Communicate information about the progress of assigned projects and workload to the POS Manager.
· Communicate with Department Managers, Supervisors, and Buyers to bridge purchasing and retail processes.
· Ensure successful communication within the POS Team. Collaboratively work in a team environment to solve problems, execute updates, and finish projects.
· Use internal systems to implement the sale of products. Execute the timely processing of new item entries and updates to existing items.
· Maintain accurate data on all systems related to retail operations.
· Preserve thorough and systematic records to document POS transactions submitted by Department Managers and Buyers.
· Facilitate the implementation of Temporary Price Reductions (TPR) for all participating departments.
· Perform regularized audits of item files to ensure accuracy. Execute revisions and deletions of outdated information as needed.
· Perform daily audit and maintenance of shelf signage.
· Audit and maintain TPR signage of end caps and shadow boxes to ensure accuracy.
· Provide signage to all departments as requested.
· Provide training to other departments on the proper operation of related technologies such as scan devices and spreadsheets used for POS related activities.
· Act as a representative of Berkeley Bowl in all dealings with customers and the public by maintaining the excellent standard of service that is the expectation within the organization.
· Assist in other areas of the store/department as needed.
· Understanding and familiarity with the Microsoft Office Suite and database software.
· 2+ Years of experience managing and maintaining a database.
· Strong communication skills both written and verbal.
· Basic math skills.
· Demonstrated ability to handle multiple demands.
· Ability to project a friendly, outgoing personality and work as a positive team member.
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
Salary: From $18.00 per hour
Paid time off
8 hour shift
POS: 1 year (Preferred)
Work Location: One location