2020 Oregon St and 920 Heinz Ave
Purpose: To ensure seafood department operations run at optimal level, to oversee the entire operations of the department (especially in Manager's absence). To provide excellent customer service; to ensure profitability and customer satisfaction.
Status: Reports to Seafood Department Manager
Responsibilities: Reports to Seafood Department Manager
a. Assist the Department Manager in the daily operations of a department including but not limited to the following:
a. Product flow
b. Merchandising practices
c. Customer service
d. Signage compliance
e. Daily schedules (breaks)
f. Cash handling
g. Work as “acting manager” in the absence of the Department Manager (If there is no Department Manager position, this title defaults to Department Supervisor).
h. Enforce policies and procedures outlined in the Employee Handbook. As well as adherence to city, state and federal guidelines for food safety and labeling.
i. Work similar to clerks within a department (merchandise, department maintenance, assist customer, etc.)
j. Accept a level of responsibility & accountability for the overall productivity and efficiency of department.
Some supervisors may perform the following tasks:
a. Department Scheduling (weekly)
c. Request or recommend personnel changes.
d. Request or recommend personnel rate increases.
e. Conduct department meetings with employees.
f. Timecard management
g. Counsel, develop, and train all employees on matters related to seafood operations; communications with employees
· Thorough knowledge and experience in Seafood items and markets.
· Supervisory experience is helpful.
· Ability to interface and provide excellent customer service to a diverse population.
· Ability to work as a positive team member in a dynamic environment.
· Ability to lift up to 50 lbs with or without accommodation.
· Manual dexterity with hazardous equipment.
· Ability to stand for two hours at a time.
· Ability to work in varying temperatures.
· Basic computer skills.
· CA Driver's License