Purpose: To perform one or more of the following duties; to assist in preparation of Food Service Department and the maintenance of a sanitary workspace to meet department goals.
Status: Reports to Food Service Manager.
- Wash dishes and utensils for kitchen, deli and café following established procedures in compliance with health department regulations.
- Clean kitchen, scrubbing and wiping all surfaces following established procedures in compliance with health department regulations.
- Cleaning projects as assigned.
- Take out kitchen trash and recycling promptly.
- Use department equipment safely. Advise Food Service Management of equipment repair needs.
- Alert Food Service Management to low supplies or out-of-stocks of basic ingredients and supplies.
- Assist Food Service staff putting away deliveries following the rules of FIFO.
- Carry out established opening & closing procedures.
- Maintain dish washing station and storage areas.
- Perform other tasks and duties assigned by Food Service Management (e.g. attend department meetings).
- Interest in cooking.
- Experience serving the public
- Ability to project friendly, outgoing personality, and work as a positive member of the Food Service Team.
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs with or without accommodation.
- Ability to stand for two or more hours at a time.
- Able to understand written and spoken English.
- Willingness to work with meat.
- Manual dexterity with hazardous equipment.
- Must be able to perform functions with repetitive wrist and arm motion.
This position description does not promise or imply that the functions listed are the only duties to be performed or that the position may not change, or be eliminated. Employees are always expected to follow their supervisors’ instructions and to perform the tasks requested by their supervisors.